Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Roasted Broccoli

I'm always on the look-out for how to make blah veggies yummy. I've been hearing a lot about roasting broccoli lately, so I decided to give it a shot. I found this recipe from the Skinny Taste website. Discovered lots of fun things on there I'm going to try in the upcoming weeks, so watch for those!


Roasted Broccoli
3/4-1 lb. of cut broccoli, cleaned, with short stems
3 cloves of minced garlic
11/2 Tb. extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and completely dry broccoli. Trim up stems if browned. Combine EVOO, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until broccoli is brown and tender. To continue to soften the broccoli after taking it out of the oven, cover the dish with tin foil and allow the broccoli to steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment