Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Peach Crisps for Two!

I came across this recipe, after looking for something dessert-y to do with some peaches I got from a local fruit&veggie stand. I only had two, so I couldn't pull off a whole cobbler, and since it's just me and my husband, we definitely didn't need a whole cobbler anyway! Once I found this recipe, I couldn't wait. And it was really good!!


Peach Crisps for Two!
slightly adapted from Joy the Baker

1 peach
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 Tb. chilled butter
3 Tb. old-fashioned oats
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground ginger

Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 350 degrees.

Cut peach in half, scoop out pit. Scoop out spaces a little more to make room for the oat mixture. Score the peach flesh with a knife. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Using a fork, mix in the butter with the oat mixture until you get tiny bits of butter mixed through. Pile in the oat mixture into the center space and on top of the rest of the peach half. (You can either use the whole amount of oat mixture and spread it all around, or save half for a future peach. It makes a lot!)

Bake for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment