Saturday, September 10, 2011

Poppy Seed Party Sammies

I LOVE these little sammies! They are so good. I had them the first time during a holiday dinner at BC's parent's house. They have a family tradition of making tons of finger foods the night before Christmas, and this was one dish. So, when I was planning what to bring to my parents house to watch Alabama destroy Penn State, I took that recipe and the recipe from Macaroni and Cheesecake to create my own.

(I know this picture doesn't look appetizing. Try this, I promise you will love it!!)

1 package of Original King's Hawaiian Rolls
1 package of swiss cheese slices (I think there were 8 pieces in my package)
1 package of honey ham
1 stick of salted butter
1 1/2 Tb. poppy seeds
1 1/2 Tb. yellow mustard
1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
1/4 tsp onion powder

Take the rolls out of the packaging and slice all the way through so you have a connected half of tops and a connected half of bottoms. Set the bottoms into a baking dish. I used a 9"x9". Melt the butter in the microwave and mix in the poppy seeds, mustard, worchestershire, and onion powder. Spread some of this mixture onto the bottoms of rolls, just enough to cover. Place the cheese slices on top of the butter spread and then place the ham on top of the cheese. Top the ham with the tops of the rolls. Pour the remaining butter mixture over the tops of the rolls and brush all over to even out.

Top with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

*You can use a variety of different types of rolls if you can't find the King's rolls. For example: the Colonial bread company makes a pan of rolls that are smaller and come in their own tin tray for easy baking. You can use all the same measurements for this recipe, even if you use other types of rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment